Access is currently recruiting volunteer presenters for pre-recorded shows on our station. Presentation slots are available throughout the day and weekend. Shows will be based around the Access playlist but there is considerable flexibility presenters to add featured tracks, interviews and items to target particular themes or subjects.
Currently, shows will need to be recorded at our studios in Stoke-on-Trent. We’re not able to give travelling expenses at the moment and so it would ideally suit people in the Stoke/Staffordshire area. However, we are currently introducing the capability to record shows remotely. This should be available at some point in the New Year and so applications on this basis would be welcome. Full training is provided on our state of the art ENCO DAD playout system (that’s a fancy MP3 player, for the initiated)
Duties may include:-
- Preparing and scripting shows for subsequent broadcast
- Recording show links using computerised playout system
- Recording segments with guests
- Telephone interviews with guests
- Reviewing cinema, books, cinema releases for on air use
- Promoting the show through social media, marketing and on-air trails
- Using a portable recorder to record interviews on location for later broadcast
Send a demo recording and a covering email telling us a little bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have a fancy demo, brill. But if your asking the question ‘What’s a Demo?’ that’s not a problem. Just send us a recording of yourself telling us a little bit about you. Perhaps use a mobile phone app or PC microphone. The quality doesn’t matter that much, we just want to get an idea of what you sound like.