As you may be aware, Access has a ‘social enterprise’ element to our work. This provides training opportunities in the local community and helps to generate funds for our our charitable work. Working alongside staff and volunteers of our book shop, The Book End, it involves selling books, DVDs Videos and other items through the Amazon website. These items have usually been donated to us for fundraising purposes, however, we are developing a range of new items to add to our range.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to help us in this operation. If you have experience in this area, that will help but full training will be given.
This is a great opportunity to help out a good cause at the same times picking up valuable skills. Many of our volunteers have found their experience invaluable in helping them to gain employment or move on into a better job. Others have used the skills to sell their own items on-line to generate some extra income. Some of our volunteers have even gone on to launch their own e-commerce businesses as a result of their experience with us.
Possible duties include:-
- Assessing stock and preparing it for sale
- Describing, categorising and marketing items on the Amazon website.
- Answering customer enquiries via the Amazon message system, phone and email.
- Picking orders received through Amazon ready for delivery
- Packing stock ready for postage to the customer
- Arranging customer returns of unwanted or faulty items.
- Liaising with Book End staff to co-ordinate sales activities
These positions are based at our office in Stoke-on-Trent. We’re currently unable to provide travel expenses, and so ideally this opening would suit people from the Stoke and Staffordshire areas.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 01782 478874. (Please leave a message if their is no reply as we do always follow up answerphone messages.)