As you may be aware, Access operates a ‘”Social Enterprise” element to its work. This helps to fund our activities through the sale of items on-line on sites such as Ebay and Amazon. The majority of these items are sent to customers via the postal system or couriers and so we always need help in preparing items for post and getting them into the postal system.
The role is based at our office in Stoke-on-Trent. Currently, we are unable to provide travel expenses, and so, ideally, this would be suited to someone living in the Stoke/Staffordshire area.
Hours, are flexible to suit but help on our busiest days of Tuesday and Friday would be particularly helpful.
Any post-room experience is much appreciated but full training will be provided. Similarly, if you have a vehicle to help transport items to the post office that would be helpful however, this isn’t essential.
Duties may include:-
- Picking orders received via the Amazon and Ebay websites
- Packing purchased items ready for postage using jiffy bags, bubble wrap etc.
- Labelling postage according to the destination and postal service used
- Categorising and weighing ready for processing through the postal system
- Purchasing postage services through Royal Mail’s Online Business Account system and other on-line systems of couriers
- Creating paper work for processing by other Access departments
- Dropping items off at the various collection depots for the Royal Mail and other carriers.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 01782 478874. (Please leave a message if their is no reply as we do always follow up answerphone messages.)